Providing Excellent Music Education in New Westminster Since 1960
Band/Choir Dept Handbook and Registration Form
Click here to view/download the handbook, which has all of the pertinent information you need to succeed as an NWSS Music student:/sites/default/files/files/Music Department Handbook 2016-2017.pdf
The information in the handbook will help parents/guardians support their child's participation and success in their music performance class. The information on the registration form is private and will be accessible only by the child's music teacher.
Click here to fill out the NWSS Band/Choir Student Registration Form
Clothing Drive Fundraiser ONGOING ALL YEAR!
TO USE CLOTHING DRIVE FUNDS TOWARDS 2015 SPRING TRIPS ALL ITEMS MUST BE DROPPED OFF BEFORE JANUARY 15th. ANYTHING DROPPED OFF AFTER THAT DATE WILL BE HELD OVER FOR THE SPRING 2016 TRIP COSTS.
A fundraiser! Drop off unwanted clothing, accessories and other cloth items to Big Brothers Depot in Sapperton and make money for every pound collected in your name!
Tell friends, neighbours, family and others to take their unwanted items to the Big Brothers Depot (15 Braid Street around the back of the building in unit #221- New Westminster) Big Brothers Clothing Donation at ANY TIME DURING THE YEAR. You must drop off during business hours and fill out the donation form, being certain to list "NWSS Music" as the donor recipient as well as the name of the student you want to support. You will get a yellow copy of the donations slip, which you should return to the music department for tracking purposes.
Click HERE for a map that shows the Big Brothers Depot New West location.
To raise money to be used towards trips! 100% of the profit earned by individual students goes directly into their student accounts to be used towards their spring band/choir trip.
Acceptable Items for Donation (no dirty or soiled items, no housewares/tools/furniture/etc)
- Clothing for men, women and children
- Accessories (belts, hats, scarves)
- Purses, wallets, backpacks and bags
- Shoes and boots
- Towels, tablecloths, curtains and linens
- Under garments, nylons and socks
- Blankets, bedding and pillows
Some tips for succesful fundraising with the Clothing Drive
- Make copies of the flyer (Be sure to put your name on it first!) and distribute them to all your neighbours! Knock on doors or put the flyer in mailboxes.
- Email out the flyer to friends and family
- Timing is everything!! Many people clean out closets during the Winter Holidays and around spring break. Send out your flyer before these times to maximize your fundraising!
- Offer to pick up people's items on a selected date. Ask them to put items outside in bags clearly marked with your name and do a mini clothing drive blitz. Load up your vehicle and deliver the donations yourself!
- Don't forget to remind your donors to fill out the donation form indicating your name and NWSS MUSIC
For a downloadable Clothing Drive Flyer click HERE.
Check out our new Promo video! Music education is fun for everyone!
School Band Instrument Rental Information
If your child is using a school instrument, please fill out the form below and return to your child's band teacher with the appropriate rental fee payment.
Dates to Remember
September 6th: School reopens
September 14th: First Music Parents Auxiliary Meeting, 7:00 PM in the bandroom
September 23rd: NWSS Marching Band performs at Mercer Stadium for the halftime show at the Hyacks Homecoming Game
October 15th: Momentum Swing Dance at the Anvil Centre (Senior Jazz Band)
October 20th: Bandathon Blitz
November 5th: Bandathon (9 AM - 9 PM)
November 30th: Winter Concert, 7 PM, Massey Theatre
January 15th: Winter Choral Concert (New West Christian Reformed Church)
Donate to NWSS Music!
• to provide good quality instruments to students who need them;
• to provide scholarships for our students’ future studies;
• to make our band and choir trips affordable for everyone.
Gifts large and small are very much appreciated. We currently do not need any pianos, although excellent, high quality pianos might be useful.
Leave a legacy of harmony!
For more information on the many ways you can make a gift, email Miss Proznick or Mr. Clements: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.